When it comes to planning a wedding, most brides seem to have the major bases covered. They get the venue reserved and a dress picked out. They find a photographer and dj or band, but when it comes to their stationery, they aren’t sure. We have a little bookmark we hand out to every bride we meet but for those brides we wont have the pleasure of meeting, we hope this helps!
Most brides will not do everything listed below, but if there is something on this list that you are planning to do, we hope this helps you figure out when.
- Organize your Guest List: most couples we work with wait to do this until they do their save the dates and then they end up missing someone or they include too many people. Start early and organize everything into an Excel Spreadsheet or something similar.
- Order Engagement Party Invitations
- Order Save the Dates: Save the dates should be mailed out 6 – 8 months before your wedding. 8 – 12 months if you are getting married on a holiday weekend.
- Order Wedding Invitations: Be sure to consider what to include such as wedding invitation, response cards, and/or other enclosure cards
- Make a Bridal Shower Guest List: Often times, the person that is planning your bridal shower doesn’t know everyone important in your life that you would want at your shower. Put a list together for them.
- Plan your Rehearsal Dinner & Post-Wedding Brunch: Book the venues if needed, pick out the menu & order invitations.
- Finalize your Wedding Day Menu
- Order Day-Of Essentials: Programs, menus, table numbers, name cards, signs, etc.
- Order Bridal Party Gifts & Favors: Don’t forget advise and wish cards…they are perfect things to get your guests involved
- Mail Rehearsal Dinner Invitations: If you didn’t mail them with your wedding invitations.
- Send Thank You Cards: The best time to send them is up to two weeks after you return from your honey moon. If you are waiting on photos from your photographer, it may take longer than a month to do your thank you cards.