Start with the “Who”
“What” to Say
Start with a greeting.
- Dear Aunt Ellen and Uncle Denny,
- Dear Robert and Jessica,
Express your thanks.
- Thank you so much for…
- I’m so grateful you were there when…
- I appreciate the…
- I am thankful for…
Add specific details.
- The money you gave us will help us make the needed updates to our kitchen that we’ll enjoy for years to come.
- Being the go-to person on my wedding for questions allowed me to fully enjoy the day and not have to worry about anything.
- Here’s a photo of the frame you gave us with one of our favorite wedding pictures hanging in our family room.
Add a closing statement that “looks” ahead.
- We would love to have you over for dinner soon to see our new house.
- We look forward to seeing you both when you are in town for the holidays. Be sure to let us know ahead of time what your schedule is.
- We look forward to seeing you at Julia’s birthday party in September.
Restate your thanks (optional)
- We felt so blessed that you made the trip to be with us on our wedding day. We can’t wait to see you again soon.
- Thank you again for your generosity.
Sign the note with your regards
- With Love,
- Many thanks,
- Yours Truly,
“When” to Send Them
See below for a few examples:
Join the RC Tribe
Subscribe for the latest content, members-only discounts and freebies, be the first to know about new products as well as pro tips and inspiration!