Your family photos couldn’t have turned out better and you’ve finally agreed on the cutest photo greeting card to show them off to your family and friends. Now it’s time to decide on the perfect sentiment to sign your cards and make them complete.
If you aren’t sure what you say and feel like you need a little inspiration to check this task off your list, today I’ve founded up some great examples for just the right warm winter wishes to include on your Christmas cards.
So crank up the holiday tunes, turn on the Christmas lights, grab a cut of hot chocolate or eggnog and let’s get those adorable cards signed, sealed and delivered!
Classic Holiday Greetings
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you and your family health and happiness this Christmas Season.
- Wishing you and your family peace and prosperity this Christmas season and in the coming year.
- Tis the season the be jolly!
- May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter.
- Wishing you a Christmas filled with joy this year.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- The best present one can hope for is to spend time together.
- Merry Christmas! May you experience the beauty and true meaning of the season.
- Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright!
- Happy Holidays! Hoping all your Holiday wishes come true.
- Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best this holiday season and throughout the year to come.
- May this Christmas season bring you closer to all those you love. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Wishing you a joy-filled Christmas Season.
- Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.
- Health and Happiness from our family to yours.
- Merry Christmas and warm wishes for the year ahead.
- Cheers to a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas.
- May the spirit of the season fill your home with love and laughter. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- May love and warmth come your way this holiday season! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
funny Holiday Greetings
- It’s the most wine-derful time of the year.
- Yule always be my favorite.
- Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your bills be small.
- Remember on Christmas day calories don’t count. Enjoy!
- Christmas is Claus for celebration!
- Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, with all the best food, beer, and festive cheer!
- Happy holidays! I hope you like the present you told me to buy for you.
- I would say all I want for Christmas is YOU, but I really would love a new car as well!
- That warm feeling isn’t just the Christmas spirit. I think you left the oven on.
- Merry Christmas! I put so much thought into your gift that now it’s too late to get it.
- Christmas is mostly for children. But we adults can enjoy it too, until the credit card bills arrive.
- Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Have a wonderful Christmas.
- Christmas is full of magic. It makes my money magically disappear! Oh well, Merry Christmas!
- There’s snowbody like you!
- Christmas is a celebration of love and spirit. Let’s drink the spirits and feel the love.
- Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Repeat. Happy holidays!
- May your gifts be many, and your returns and exchanges be few. Merry Christmas!
- Season’s eatings and a happy new year!
- Bah humbug! (Just kidding – Merry Christmas!)
- Merry Christmas and all that other fun stuff.
- Wishing you the gifts of the season — Peace, Joy, and Chardonnay.
- A clear sign that you are getting older is how Santa looks younger each year. Merry Christmas!
- Have your elf a merry little Christmas.
- Don’t try to borrow any money from elves; they’re always a little short! Have a merry Christmas!
- It’s all fun and games until Santa checks the naughty list! Merry Xmas.
- I hope your Christmas is filled with big smiles and big celebrations – but not big credit card bills. Have a great one!
- Wishing you a white Christmas! (And when you run out of white, just open a bottle of red).
- You’re a gift in my life. And not the kind I’d return for store credit. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you hope, peace and lots of Christmas Cookies this holiday season!
- They say the best Christmas gifts come from the heart … but cash and gift cards do wonders too! Happy Holidays!
- Remember, Santa is watching. Everything. Yes, even that. Anyway, Merry Christmas!
- This holiday season, let’s make it a point to cherish what’s truly important in our lives: cookies.
christian / religous Holiday Greetings
Merry Christmas to you and God bless you and your family with peace and joy for the year to come.
May the peace and blessings of Christmas be yours; And may the new year be filled with happiness.
- All is calm, all is bright.
- Sending you tidings of comfort and joy.
- Let the peace and joy of Christmas be with you today and throughout the New Year.
- May joy be your gift at Christmas, and may faith, hope, and love be your treasures in the New Year.
- May the love of Christ and the warmth that comes with this holy season remain with you and make your holidays the best ever!
- May God bless you and let this Christmas season bring comfort and happiness to you and your loved ones.
- Hosanna in the highest! Praying God’s faithfulness on your lives in the coming months. Merry Christmas from us all.
- Hold this time close to your heart and feel the warmth of the God’s love this season!
- May all your Christmas wishes come true and God’s love wash over you this new year.
- May God’s blessings be yours this Christmas.
- May your Christmas be blessed with lots of love, fun, peace, joy and happiness.
- May you be happy and blessed, not just on Christmas day but throughout the year!
- May God’s love surround you at Christmas time and always.
Glory to the newborn King!
Jesus is the reason for the season.
May the bright lights of Christmas bring happiness in your life and may Jesus bless you with success and wisdom.
Merry Christmas! May God’s love be with you.
Merry Christmas! May the love of God guide and protect you.
May the joy that filled the world at the birth of Jesus Christ be found in your home. Have the sweetest of Christmas seasons!
May the true spirit of Christmas shine in your heart and light your path.
How to sign off your christmas greeting card
There are essentially two different ways to sign off your Christmas Greeting You can use the plural version of your last name, e.g. The Aurands, or you can use a singular version of your last name plus the word “family”, e.g. The Aurand Family.
If you prefer to go with “the …… Family” version, you’re done. Simply put your surname before the word “Family”.
If you prefer to pluralize your last name then follow these simple tips:
- You shouldn’t use an apostrophe (the Aurand’s wish…)
- Most last names simply need an “s” (The Aurands, The Newberrys)
- Last names ending in “s”, add an “es” (Joneses or Williamses)
- Last names ending in “x”, “z”, “ch”, or “sh” get an “es” too (Maddoxes, Lopezes, Fletches)
- or add “Family” after last name (the Jones Family, The Aurand Family)
**Remember – never use an apostrophe to make your surname plural ** (see above)
We hope you found something warm + wonderful to use in your holiday greeting cards this year.
Just remember that you should always keep it short and sweet. Also, don’t be afraid to enlist the help of your children or spouse in the process. This is a great way to get the family involved in sharing a special holiday tradition.